Give Your Kitten the Right Start in Life
At Cozy Cat Veterinary Hospital, each feline's first year of care is customized based on its specific needs. Just like human children, kittens require additional physical exams and vaccine boosters to ensure that they get the very best start in life.
We offer Kitten Care Packages to save you money while keeping your new kitten healthy and happy! The following services are included in Kitten Care Packages:
- FELV/FIV Combo Test to screen your kitten/cat for FLV and feline leukemia virus
- First FVRCP Vaccination with complete physical exam
- Second FVRCP Vaccination to be given 4 weeks after first FVRCP Vaccination or at 12 weeks of age.
- Third FVRCP Vaccination to be given 4 weeks after second FVRCP Vaccination or at 16 weeks of age.
- Rabies Vaccination at 16 weeks
- 2 Fecal floats to check for parasites
- Nail Trims
- Dewormer- deworms for roundworms and hookworms
- 2 doses of Heartworm Prevention & Flea Control
Our recommendations for your kitten's first year:
- Physical Exams: Your cat's lifetime of wellness starts with its first comprehensive physical exam. Kittens should have 3-4 exams between the ages of 8-16 weeks. These visits are important because they give our veterinarians an opportunity to assess your pet's overall health and to administer vaccines.
- Vaccinations: Due to their immature immune systems, kittens must receive a series of properly staged vaccines. Since every kitten is unique, we tailor our vaccination recommendations based on their lifestyle and/or breed and according to the suggested guidelines.
- Diagnostic Testing: We recommend that kittens are tested for Feline Leukemia (FeLV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) at their first visit, if not done previously.
- Additional Recommendations: Your veterinarian will also discuss and recommend other services, such as spaying and neutering or microchipping that can lead to a longer and healthier life for your cat.